Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Miscellania


Why am I such a bad, bad blogger the past two weeks? Many, many reasons:
  1. I've been putting the Cybils panels together. This is more difficult than you'd think. Reaching that perfect balance of writer-librarian-teacher-other on each and every panel is difficult. Not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings is difficult. Scouring your e-mail to make sure you didn't miss anyone is difficult. But I'm almost there (one panel to go!) and then I should be back in business. (You would not believe the amount of time and angst goes into my work putting the panels together. Seriously.)
  2. My internet was out over the weekend! During the kidlitosphere conference, which I had to miss because of medical issues at home. Thanks, everyone, for your great posts. I've been catching up all morning now that I'm back online.
Okay, tomorrow I'll be back with an interview with a great writer who has a killer new graphic novel out. In the meantime, have you seen the Guardian's Banned Books quiz? I got 9 of 13. Strangely enough, the four I missed were all kidlit related. (Although, of course I knew And Tango Makes Three was the most challenged book in 2007.)