Monday, June 20, 2005

Bureaucracy Day

Today was a "to-do" day. I had lots of yucky tasks to do at once and I thought it best to just devote one day this week to them instead of spreading them out. No writing, no fun :)

I had to take care of:

1) the bills
2) close the preschool books for the 2004-2005 academic year. I have been the (volunteer) treasurer/bookkeeper/unqualified lawyer for a non-profit preschool in my small community. I could write a blog on preschool in my town, but it would be way too depressing. This year was my year for a major commitment. So...
3) 3 letters of recommendation (another truly detested task even though I really like the students I write these for)
4) ordering AV equipment for my department
5) kids to the dentist

It's all done. I still have to file everything away, but I put that on the to-do list for next week.