Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dragons.


My kids are obsessed with dragons right now. I'm not quite sure why. But it fits perfectly with this summer's library promotion, "Dragons, Dreams & Daring Deeds."

Yesterday they were finally allowed to purchase one copy of Dragonology. It's a fun read full of fascinating details about dragons and related beasts. I can tell I might get a bit tired reading every single detail to my youngest over and over again, so I won't forget to bring this one when we visit grandma and grandpa.

The Dragonology site features a page of links to other dragon sites. D.R.A.G.O.N.S. and Beastiarium are particularly good.

My kids also love Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real which is about a team of researchers who travel to Romania (of course) to check out a dragon corpse discovered in an icy cave.

The only problem with all the dragon obsession is that my little one really does think they're real. He's afraid we'll run into a mountain dragon when we're in the mountains (only on vacation, unfortunately)!