Thursday, February 09, 2006

...a Children's Book Meme

Stolen from Kate's Book Blog, I present you with a Children's Book Meme (The meme's author is Shelly, of Shelly's Book Shelf.)

I chose books that were my favorites as a child. There are many more today I like better than the ones I chose as favorites, but I wanted to keep with the spirit of the meme.

What are your three favorite children's series?

1. The Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton (I know, I know...).
2. The Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
3. The Green Knowe series by L.M. Boston.

What are your three favorite non-series children's books?

1. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.
2. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder.
3. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg.

What are your three favorite children's book characters?

1. Laura (from the Little House books).
2. Pippi Longstocking (from Astrid Lindgren’s books).
3. Jo (from Little Women [until she destroys her novel when the Professor doesn't approve] and from Little Men).

Meme away, folks! I'd love to see your favorites as well.
******************
ETA: In browsing the blogs this evening, I've noticed Mental multivitamin has also posted this meme with her responses.