Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ricky Gervais


Okay, I must be really out of it, but I didn't realized Ricky Gervais, author and illustrator of Flanimals, is the same Ricky Gervais as this guy:
  • "The writer-performer who immortalized the understimulating workplace in the British TV comedy 'The Office' might just be the hardest-working man in show business.
    He's developing a second series of his sitcom, 'Extras,' has written an episode of the U.S. version of 'The Office,' appears in Christopher Guest's forthcoming ensemble movie, 'For Your Consideration,' and wrote and starred in an episode of his favorite show, 'The Simpsons.'"

Check out CNN.com for the article.

I love "The Office," both the British and U.S. versions. I don't get to watch them often, but when I do, I always laugh.

My son and I adore Flanimals, which features short entries of brutish beasts of all possible shapes, sizes and colors. Flanimals are not nice guys and they often have very bad, even wicked, habits (that is, if they aren't too dumb). Gervais tells CNN.com, "the books were a natural follow-up to 'The Office,' which exposed workplace dynamics in excruciatingly funny detail. 'I put just about everything I know about human nature into 'The Office...This is what was left.'"