Sunday, March 05, 2006

Scott Nash


Ray Routhier profiles illustrator Scott Nash for the Portland Press Herald.

Scott Nash is the illustrator of one of my most-loved children's books, The Bugliest Bug (by Carol Diggory Shields).

Nash was chosen to illustrate a newly reissued Dr. Seuss title, Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him! Nash says he was thrilled to receive the call from Random House because, " I sometimes joke with friends that I wasn't a Caldecott (an award given in children's literature) kid, I was a Seuss kid and a Golden Book kid. I loved the 'Bright and Early' books, and P.D. Eastman was one of my favorites. Go, Dog. Go!"

Nash tells his audience that actor Adrian Brody is the model for Hooper Humperdink. (Okay, Adrian Brody is my favorite male actor. I'm going to have to look for Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him!)

An interesting interview. Give it a read!