There are two Kane/Miller titles in the mix of five books which is great to see. Kane/Miller publishes translated or foreign titles for the U.S. market and releases some of the best picture books out there.
- Raisin and Grape, by Tom Amico and James Proimos
- Scaredy Squirrel, by Melanie Watt (recently reviewed at The Edge of the Forest by Kerry Millar, Flying Dragon Bookstore)
- Earth Magic, poems by Dionne Brand, illustrated by Eugenie Fernandes
- My Father's Shop, by Satomi Ichikawa (reviewed by many kidlit bloggers in the past few months)
- I'm a Pill Bug, by Yukihisa Tokuda, illustrated by Kiyoshi Takahashi (reviewed by many kidlit bloggers and, recently, by Susan of Chicken Spaghetti for The Edge of the Forest)