Here's what's in store this month:
- An interview with Linda Sue Park. (Need I say more?)
- This month's blogging writer, Melissa Wiley (Here in the Bonny Glen), talks about the intersect between blogging and writing.
- Pam Coughlan (MotherReader) defends Junie B. Jones with Plus Also, She's Funny.
- Allie (Slayground/Bildungsroman) recommends books starring her favorite furry friends. That's right, cats!
- Adrienne Furness (What Adrienne Thinks About That) takes a closer look at funny books on a very serious topic in The Lighter Side of Death
- Betsy Bird (A Fuse #8 Production), Children's Librarian at the Donnell Children's Room in New York City, talks books and more in What's in Their Backpacks
- Reviews in all categories—from Picture book to Young Adult (Reviewers from the kidlitosphere include Liz B. of A Chair, a Fireplace and a Tea Cozy, Anne of Book Buds, Kim of One Over-Caffeinated Mom, Jocelyn Pearce, of Teen Book Review, and, of course, our Sorceress of Fantasy, Michele of Scholar's Blog. Additional reviewers include Kerry Millar, of The Flying Dragon Bookshop and a new teacher, and my writing group friend Cynthia J. Omololu.)
Enjoy! If you're interested in submitting reviews, a feature piece, or would like to do one of our columns for the September issue, please drop me a line.
I'm going out to dinner. Poetry Friday with roundup (I heard you, MotherReader) to follow later this evening.