Thursday, September 21, 2006

What 14 year old says "content"?

News from The Book Standard: "14-Year-Old Celebrity Twin Actors Looking Forward to Providing Interesting Book Content ."

Who are said twins? Cole and Dylan Sprouse, aka Zach and Cody of The Suite Life of Zach and Cody. Kimberly Maul reports that the Sprouse bros "will be the faces of a new series of spy books for kids, where Dylan and Cole are like 'young James Bonds [or] undercover agents...'" Simon Spotlight will produce the series.

This doesn't surprise me. I'm sure the books will sell well. What shocked me, however, was what one of the twins said when interviewed about the books: "'It’s exciting to have a book series,' Cole said, in a statement today. 'My brother and I feel it’s really important for kids to read. Now we have a chance to create fun and interesting content kids can enjoy.'"

Content? Content!?! Ack.