Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Updating the Blogroll!

Once a month or so, I update the blogroll. I know it's huge, but I also know that people use it as a resource to check out the kidlit blogs. So I keep adding new sites when needed.

Here's what I've noticed and added this month:

3 new author blogs:
  • Leo Landry, children's book author and illustrator, has a great new blog: Leoland. He posts about his work and includes lots of his illustrations.
  • (The) Julius Lester has entered the blogosphere with thoughtful posts at A Commonplace Book.
  • Children's book author, horse fanatic, and Cybils Picture Book judge, Nikki Tate discusses writing, horses, and life at Work in Progress.

2 new kidlit blogs:

  • Lady Schrapnell (that's a name!) hosts So Many Books. This is not a new blog, but for some reason I only found it recently.
  • Tricia, a prof. from Richmond, VA, writes about children's books and teaching at The Miss Rumphius Effect. Welcome, Tricia!

1 new general book blog:

  • Gwenda Bond, a writer and columnist, writes about books of all types (including YA) at Shaken & Stirred. Great content, excellent roundups.

Corrected one glaring omission:

  • A blog I read frequently was somehow missing from my blogrolls! Alvina's Bloomabilities. Alvina also writes for Blue Rose Girls and is an editor in NYC. Why Bloomabilities was missing from my blogroll, I'll never know.

Also, I promise to update my "reading" and "listening" notes. For a month they've been static. (The reading hasn't been. I just sort of forgot about that part of the blog!) Now that I'm reading for the Cybils (MG Fiction), I'll keep you posted.