Monday, February 05, 2007

Okay, never mind

The Harry Potter books ARE available on digital audiobook format. Why didn't I know this? Because they're an i-tunes exclusive.

Amended commentary on my part:

AP reports (link via USA Today) that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will not be available AS AN E-BOOK via download.

Here's what the AP has to say about the matter:

  • "Rowling has cited two reasons over the years: concern about online piracy (which has never been a major problem for the Potter books), and the desire for readers to experience the books on paper."

The first issue is not true. I know that the books are translated illegally in at least 3 different languages on the internet. But the second issue, I have a question about. Are enough people actually using e-books to make such an enterprise viable in the Potter case?

Thanks to Liz B. and Stephanie for reading more closely than I did. I merely panicked.