Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

All week I've been reading about the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards and the fact that Justin Timberlake will be hosting them. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to these news items, but the category "books" keeps coming up in the press releases. When you read the reports more closely, however, said books are never mentioned. So, this evening, I took a look at the Nickelodeon site to find out, exactly, which books have been nominated.

Curious?

Here's the category:

Favorite Book

Harry Potter (series)
How to Eat Fried Worms
Island of the Blue Dolphins
A Series of Unfortunate Events (series)

I love how "movies," "games," "tv shows" all feature titles from this year. What about this list of books? Was there a movie of Island of the Blue Dolphins I missed? What is up with this list? Seriously.

I know your fingers are just itchin' to cast your vote.