On to the reviews!
Harriet Tubman, Secret Agent, by Thomas B. Allen, is the Washington Post Book of the Week.
Amanda Craig considers Viking Books for the Times. (The Times is undergoing a site design at the moment and the site is SLOW. So far I can't find the Children's Book of the Week.)
During such a slow weekend, it's nice to see Mary Harris Russell does not let us down. This week she reviews six new titles for the Chicago Tribune, including:
- Terrible Storm, by Carol Otis Hurst, pictures by S.D. Schindler
- The beautiful New Clothes for New Year's Day, by Hyun-Joo Bae
- Do Not Pass Go, by Kirkpatrick Hill
- War, Women, and the News: How Female Journalists Won the Battle to Cover World War II, by Catherine Gourley
- Big Bug Surprise, by Julia Gran
- I Don't Like Gloria!, by Kaye Umansky, illustrated by Margaret Chamberlain