Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Reviews (Ice-Storm edition)

I'm bringing you the weekend reviews late. Still no power at home, but I've found a place to catch up for a few hours. It was a remarkably slow weekend, so it seems I didn't miss much.

Elizabeth Ward reviews Geraldine McCaughrean's wonderful The White Darkness for the Washington Post. I hope to post my review this week as well, should I ever be back on line for an extended period of time. Nice to see The White Darkness is finally out in the States.

Mary Harris Russell reviews six new children's books for the Chicago Tribune. They include:
  • A Good Day, by Kevin Henkes
  • Pirates Don't Change Diapers, by Melinda Long, illustrated by David Shannon
  • The Navigator, by Eoin McNamee
  • The Bremen Town Musicians, by the Brothers Grimm, illustrated by Lisbeth Zwerger
  • Skyscraper, by Lynn Curlee
  • Tamar, by Mal Peet