Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Reviews (I)

A Happy Weekend to one and all! I'm beginning to catch up from my very quick week on the road, so if I owe you an e-mail, I'll be writing to you over this weekend.

I wish everyone beautiful weather and time to enjoy the outdoors and a good book. On to the reviews!

Scott Timberg finds proof in Brian Selznick's The Invention of Hugo Cabret that "we're living in a post-textual age." (Los Angeles Times)

Suzanne Condie Lambert reviews Easter and Passover books for the Arizona Republic.

Amanda Craig turns to children's books to survive the holidays for the Times. She recommends a number of new books, including Lady Friday, Skulduggery Pleasant, and Philip Reeve's Here Lies Arthur. (Okay, I really want this last one.)

Katy English reviews new children's books in capsule form for the Globe and Mail.

Kathryn Ross reviews many a new children's book for the Scotsman. Titles reviewed include Emily Gravett's new picture book and The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing.
===============================

Bonus Interview: Sally Williams talks to Emily Gravett about her life and award-winning picture books for the Telegraph. There's a slide show too!