Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Reviews (II)

I'm not used to having busy Sundays, but today was one of those. So I'm a bit late with the second installment of weekend reviews and hope you will forgive me. Here's what else I've found:

Mary Hoffman reviews I Am the Great Horse, by Katherine Roberts, for the Guardian.

The Golden Compass is the Washington Post Book of the Week.

Janet Christie reviews children's books for the Scotsman. Books reviewed include Cathy's Book, by Jordan Weisman, Sean Stewart and Cathy Brigg

Mary Harris Russell reviews six new books for the Chicago Tribune, including:
  • Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend, by Melanie Watt
  • Dreamquake, by Elizabeth Knox
  • Good Sports, by Jack Prelutsky, illustrated by Chris Raschka
  • The Tale of Pale Male, by Jeanette Winter
  • If You're Happy and You Know It: Jungle Edition, by James Warhola
  • Different Like Coco, by Elizabeth Matthews

Being, by Kevin Brooks, is the Times' Children's Book of the Week.