Liz Rosenberg reviews two new sheep picture books for The Boston Globe: One More Sheep (by Mij Kelly and illustrated by Russell Ayto) and The Big Bad Wolf and Me (by Delphine Perret)
Skyscraper, by Lynn Curlee, is the Washington Post Book of the Week.
Not a children's book, but one teens would surely appreciate, is Bryan Talbot's Alice in Sunderland. Miles Fielder writes for the Scotsman that Alice in Sunderland is a "historical and literary investigation of the Tyne-and-Wear town Talbot now calls home and of Lewis Carroll's Edwardian fantasies."
Mary Harris Russell reviews six new books for the Chicago Tribune. They include:
- If: A Father's Advice to His Son, by Rudyard Kipling, photographs by Charles R. Smith Jr.
- Twisted, by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Broken Moon, by Kim Antieau
- Some Dog, by Mary Casanova, pictures by Ard Hoyt
- The Dumpster Diver, by Janet S. Wong, illustrated by David Roberts
- Rhinos Who Rescue, by Julie Mammano