Many reviews in The New York Times Book Review. They include:
- Joanna Rudge Long reviews picture books concerned with the art of play. (Antoinette Portis' wonderful Not A Box is among them.)
- Michael Patrick Hearn reviews Eoin McNamee's The Navigator.
- Ruth Conniff reviews Chase, by Jesse Haas.
- Polly Shulman considers Martine Leavitt's Keturah and Lord Death
- This month's Bookshelf is devoted to children's books, including some recent blog favorites--17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do Anymore and The Zoo.
- Ten Old Men and a Mouse, by Cary Fagan, illustrated by Gary Clement
- A Good Day, by Kevin Henkes
- The Aunts Come Marching, by Bill Richardson, illustrated by Cynthia Nugent
- Once Upon a Full Moon, written and illustrated by Elizabeth Quan
- Pure Spring, by Brian Doyle