Monday, May 28, 2007

8 things meme

I've been tagged for another meme today. This one is the 8 Things Meme and it comes to me from Christine M. at The Simple and the Ordinary. Here are the rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Okay, I think I'm going to go for the trivial today. Here are 8 facts/habits about myself:

1. I really don't like feet. Especially, and apologies to half the world's population, men's feet.
2. I have trouble sitting in one place for longer than about an hour. This makes going to the movies difficult for me. When reading or writing, I get up, take a short walk, and then keep working.
3. My "stage" fright is so extreme, I have trouble going to the theater at all. I spend the whole time horrified for the actors--that they'll mess up, or faint, or something. (Strangely enough, I have no problems with public speaking.)
4. I love celery. Cooked and raw.
5. I'd take a good Indian meal over ice cream and chocolate any day.
6. My favorite living writers are Kate Atkinson, Ian McEwan, and Philip Pullman. My three favorite dead writers are Henry James, Tolstoy, and Nabokov.
7. I really want to visit Ukraine.
8. My school instrument was oboe. Now it's my daughter's instrument.

On to tagging (Christine already tagged a few I would have!):

Jen
Michele (sorry!)
Mary Lee/Franki
MotherReader
Little Willow
Camille
Susan
Jules/Eisha