Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Items until I can write a review


I am a
Daffodil


What Flower
Are You?


Via, Fuse #8, I am a daffodil. Apparently, I have a "sunny disposition and are normally one of the first to show up for the party." Funny, I never attend parties. But I do like daffodils, so I'll go with it.

-----------------------------

Okay, dear friends in the U.K. Can you please explain this Boys Bookshelf thing? Sarah Crown (and agencies) reports for the Guardian that your education secretary, Alan Johnson, "announced this morning that every state secondary school in England will be able to choose 20...titles in order to set up a dedicated 'boys' bookshelf' in the library." The list itself is quite good, but if I were a girl in the U.K., I'd be annoyed. What would be on a girl list, if such a thing will appear? I shudder to think.

----------------------------

Friends of celebrity books will be glad to know that Elisabeth Hasselbeck will be "writing" her children's books as soon as her children's clothing line for Target is complete. Here's what she has to say: " I am working on a children's clothing line. There might be some onesies available at Target soon. And hopefully, we'll get some children's books out within the next year. I may be talking politics and celebrities on The View, but I am a designer and artist by nature."

You know, I may have to rethink my Target obsession...