Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tangentially related to children's books and blogging

I hope you're all having a beautiful Tuesday. When reading the news, blogs and listservs this morning, I came across three interesting, yet unrelated, items of interest. They include:

A Fair(y) Use Tale. A series of Disney clips spliced together to explain how copyright works. (Via Child_Lit)

Benedict Carey has written an fascinating article on narrative and psychology for The New York Times. Read especially page three on considering first- versus third-person retellings of one's life story.

The smartest and most eloquent voice on book vs. blog reviews anywhere? Colleen Mondor at Chasing Ray. I'm sorry, but I haven't seen a piece in print that rivals what Colleen has to say and I'm not making this claim because I'm biased for blog reviews. I read them all--print and blog. I honestly believe they both can exist and readers are smart enough to rely on the ones they trust. Colleen's latest post is a tour de force.