In this week's "not-a-review" category, Marina Warner celebrates Charles and Mary Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare in the Guardian.
Hey, Frances Hardinge's Verdigris Deep is the Times Children's Book of the Week. If this book doesn't come out in the States soon, I'll have to order it, I'm afraid.
Feathers, by Jacqueline Woodson, is the Washington Post Book of the Week.
Mary Harris Russell reviews six new books for the Chicago Tribune. They include:
- Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath, by Stephanie Hemphill
- Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree, by Lauren Tarshis
- Comets, Stars, the Moon, and Mars: Space Poems and Paintings, by Douglas Florian
- Welcome to Camden Falls, by Ann M. Martin
- Sky Sweeper, by Phillis Gershator, pictures by Holly Meade
- The Birthday Box, by Leslie Patricelli