Thursday, June 07, 2007

Helping our own

Our Sorceress of Fantasy, Michele at Scholar's Blog, has been downsized. That's right, friends, she's out of a job. She can continue to earn some money online for her former company (I'm avoiding swear words here), but she can't afford broadband at home. Especially now as she has no income.

Let me just say, to borrow a term from MotherReader, that Michele has been a BFF (blog friend forever) for two years. She's one of the original members of the kidlitosphere and the go-to woman on MG/YA Fantasy and new books in the U.K. I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person and she's every bit as brilliant, wonderful, and funny as she is on her blog.

She's helped me out of a tight spot more than once--sending a book I've pined for or writing an extra piece for The Edge of the Forest. She's just that type of woman.

So here it is. I've never raised money on the blog before, but I'd really like Michele to keep on blogging, to keep on writing, and to be able to earn her keep. If you have a few dollars (or any other currency outside sickles and knuts), would you please direct them to my PayPal account (kidslitinfo@yahoo.com)? Let's keep Michele in business and in our world.