Friday, July 27, 2007

Poetry Friday: Checklist


The past two days have been all about work, cleaning, and organization. I still have a few steps to go (Forest), but I'm getting there!

I really wanted to quote from a poem this week dedicated to work. And, lo and behold, I found a great one over at trusty PoetryFoundation.org. It's more pessimistic than I am at the moment about working--I'm quite happy with winnowing down my e-mail accounts and gaining a sense of control--but, still, it's a wonderful poem about work.

Checklist
by Stephen Dunn

The housework, the factory work, the work
that takes from the body
and does not put back.
The white-collar work and the dirt
of its profits, the terrible politeness
of the office worker, the work that robs
the viscera to pay the cool
surfaces of the brain. All the work
that makes love difficult...

Read the rest of the poem here.
=======================

Ms. Mac at Check it Out is on this week's roundup!

=======================
One e-mail account I could not access during the great travel/computer crash of 2007 was my kherold@theedgeoftheforest.com account. And, this is the account on which I receive Child_Lit. During the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and all the buildup before. It took me four hours to delete through the messages!