Friday, September 21, 2007

A question for the writers

I have a question for you writer folk as we head into the weekend. If you've successfully navigated the submissions process, please provide your two cents. Here's the deal:



I submitted a query to my number-one-top agent. After a few months I got a request for a partial (50 pages). I was excited and sent it off as an exclusive as requested. This was during the second week of June. It's now mid September, so a week ago I sent a status inquiry to the agent's assistant by e-mail. Still nothing.

I'm assuming they're not interested, but I agreed to an exclusive so can't submit elsewhere. I've done a lot of work recently on the manuscript and am ready to submit again. What should I do? How long should I wait? Should I inquire again? I've read and reread the submission instructions and I don't think I've done anything wrong. Help!!!