Amanda Craig reviews Anthony Horowitz's Snakehead for the Times.
Mary Harris Russell reviews six new children's books for the Chicago Tribune, including:
- Diamonds in the Shadow, by Caroline B. Cooney
- Punk Farm on Tour, by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- What's Eating You?: Parasites--the Inside Story, by Nicola Davies, illustrated by Neal Layton
- Weird Weather: Everything You Didn't Want to Know About Climate Change but Probably Should Find Out, by Kate Evans
- Tap Dancing on the Roof, by Linda Sue Park, illustrated by Istvan Banyai
- The Night Tourist, by Katherine Marsh
- Mechanimals, by Chris Tougas
- Stories at the Door, by Jan Andrews, illustrated by Francis Blake
- What's Eating You?, by Nicola Davies, illustrated by Neal Layton (Hey, it's the book of the week!)
- The Inuit Thought of It: Amazing Arctic Inventions, by Alootook Ipellie, illustrated by David MacDonald
- Maggie and the Chocolate War, by Michelle Mulder
Mary Schulte recommends many a good children's book for the Kansas City Star.