This month we are thrilled to welcome Christine Marciniak to The Edge of the Forest as our new Features Editor. Chris is a writer who blogs at The Simple and the Ordinary. She has also worked as an editor in the travel industry and brings much needed expertise and assistance to our children's literature monthly. Welcome, Chris!
We have many exciting features for you this month, as well as interviews, reviews, and much, much more. In short, here's what's in store:
- An interview with Jane Yolen by Anne Boles Levy.
- A look at new Bedtime Books, by Pam Coughlan.
- A discussion about Books That Opened Your Eyes, by Little Willow.
- Gift Book Recommendations from the Editorial Board.
- Kim Winters talks with writer Esther Hershenhorn in our A Day in the Life column.
- Little Willow talks to young actors for our What's in their Backpacks? column.
- Sara Lewis Holmes is this month's Blogging Writer.
- Sounds from the Forest talks with illustrator Kevin Hawkes
- Reviews in all categories—from Picture book to Young Adult.