Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where is the February TEOTF?

Some of you may have noticed that The Edge of the Forest, February, is delayed. It will be up soon. So soon, in fact, that it will still be a February issue.
------------------------
Speaking of the Forest, if you are interested in reviewing for the April, May, and June issues and would like review copies, I'll be doing a mailing on Monday, March 24. If you'd like me to send you some books, then drop me an e-mail in the next week or two. (If you're a regular reviewer, please send me a reminder e-mail!)
------------------------
Speaking of February. I just listened to an wonderful book--Tree of Smoke, by Denis Johnson. Highly recommended for you fans of "literary" fiction. One caveat: Save it for spring or summer. At the end of February of The Longest Winter Ever (TM), I have about one serotonin left and am mainlining chocolate. A long novel, no matter how beautifully written, on the Vietnam War was maybe not the wisest choice ever. I am moving on to The Monsters of Templeton which promises to be Gothic fun. And, let's face it: Fun is what I need right now. And, oh yeah, sun.