It's Children's Books week in the New York Times. Here's what's in store:
- Gregory Cowles reviews Jon Scieszka's latest, Smash! Crash!
- Rich Cohen considers Michael Winerip's Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back!
- Ned Vizzini reviews Unwind, by Neal Schusterman
- Jack Martin reviews Barry Lyga's Boy Toy
- This week's "Bookshelf" is devoted to reviews of children's books including Lesley M. M. Blume's Tennyson.
Profile Alert: Marie Arana talks to Lois Lowry for the Washington Post. Speaking of Lois Lowry, Mary-Liz Shaw reviews her latest book for the Milwaukee Sun Herald.
Also in the Washington Post, Elizabeth Ward reviews baseball books for spring.
Cori Dusmann recommends new children's books in the Vancouver Sun.
Mary Harris Russell reviews five new books for the Chicago Tribune, including Little Hoot, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, illustrated by Jen Corace.
Janet Christie rounds-up the newest children's books in Scotland for the Scotsman. (A new David Almond!)