First for the odd:
- Getting married? Want to look like a Disney Princess? You're in luck: Check 'em out at Jezebel.
- You know that the celebrity book thing is getting completely out of hand when Heather Mills is ready to try her hand at the field. Guess what? She's inspired by her daughter and thinks it would be cool if she (Heather Mills) were the next J.K. Rowling! I think it's time for a BACA intervention. (I actually saw in real life Jeff Foxworthy's new picture book prominently displayed at Barnes and Noble in Santa Monica this week. What is the reading demographic for his book?)
- Patrick Lee writes about Potter in the academy for CNN. Unfortunately, the article only covers Potter in theology or religious studies classes.
- Goosebumps are back.
- Salon's Broadsheet covers the Amelia Bloomer project. Check out the 2008 Amelia Bloomer list here.
- It's time for the Children's Choice Book Awards! Have your children vote for their favorite books of the year here. And, you can find the nominees here. (Good lists and a great-looking functional website to boot.)