I haven't done a meme in a long time, but I was just tagged by The Reading Zone for a meme I've not seen before. So, I thought I'd give it a shot.
What were you doing five years ago?
Same thing as now: teaching Russian and Russian lit at a small liberal arts college.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Well, since it's evening, here's what I have done today:
- Lunch with friends
- Student thesis advising
- Letter of Recommendation writing
- Kid-schlepping (ice and music lessons day)
- The Edge of the Forest-editing (almost there!)
- Anything Indian (except sweets)
- Hot salsa
- Cadbury cream eggs
- anything with wasabi
- Move to London
- Move anyone in my family who wants to move to London to London
- Donate everything beyond what we need to live a middle class life to a particular charity
- write and edit full time
- Travel more (maybe I'll finally make it to Peru?)
- Procrastination on bureaucratic tasks. This bad habit eclipses all others I have. Really. If it involves a bill, a memo, a proposal, a form...I will take until the last possible second to get it done. Drat! Car registration...
- Born in Kansas City, lived there 1 year
- 3 places in California (most of my life)
- Broughty Ferry, Scotland
- Moscow, Russia (I also lived in St. Petersburg for a short period, but like Moscow better.)
- Teen Retail jobs (photo counter at Long's Drugs, UC Berkeley student union, Nordstrom)
- Hair model (Okay, this was only once. I had cool short hair when I was in my early 20s.)
- Advertising Coordinator, LAStyle (magazine, RIP)
- various grad student "jobs" (Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant)
- Russian prof
Hmmm...I hate tagging. Okay, here goes: