Monday, September 22, 2008

An Award, a Carnival, and Kid Judges

The September Carnival of Children's Lit is up at Jenny's Wonderland of Books. Head on over and read...

The Guardian's Children's Fiction Prize is one of my favorite book awards. This year's shortlist is fantastic and today Julia Eccleshare reports on what the young judges have to say about the list in the Guardian. Go, Cosmic! (The winner will be announced tomorrow.)

Jen Robinson and Candice Ransom gave me an "I Love Your Blog" award. Thank you, Jen and Candice--you made my day. (This is my favorite blog award image to date, btw.)

Since this one is making the rounds in the kidlitosphere, I'm going to send this award to my writing group(s) friends instead this time. Two members also happen to be fantastic book bloggers as well, so...Tadmack and a.fortis, I love your blogs--Finding Wonderland and Readers' Rants.

Also, I love the blogs of these writers--my other writing group(s) friends:

The Simple and the Ordinary, Roots in Myth, HipWriterMama, Si, se pueda. Yes we can, Capturing Joy, Archimedes Forgets, Haunts of a Children's Writer, and Resident Alien. Keep on writing, people!