Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This week's TV note


Okay, so first Project Runway!

Let me just say I agree with the auf-ings. (And I'm trying to write this post without major spoilage.) In the first and most obvious choice, that outfit was awful. Yes, the designer is sweet and I will miss him. But..."pooping fabric" was right on the mark. (See exhibit right.)

Re: Designer #2. Boy, I wanted to see 50s-aesthetic-girl-with-the-appalling-voice go home. She was combative, annoying, and, let's face it, redundant. Every generation has a "designer" who embraces vintage and goes back to the 1950s.* I saw this in the 1980s and 1990s. Going back to the nuclear age is not news and not new.

But...

I do agree that people who can't work in teams can't make it to the final. Life is teamwork. That's the way the cookie crumbles, designer-whose-clothes-are-the-only-ones-I'd-actually-wear-in-real-life. I'll miss you! (P.S. Where can I order your clothes?)

------------------------------------
Second TV note of the week: Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, how could you do this to me? I needed you today and you're on rerun? Seriously?

-------------------------------------
* And, finally, why do women want to go back to the 50s? Boring fashion, boring hair, good lipstick. Is lipstick enough? I don't think so. I think we've learned this week that lipstick can be problematic.