Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Six Things Meme

MotherReader has tagged me with a particularly difficult meme--Six Strange Things/Facts/Habits about me. Hmmm...there are so many...which to choose? I guess I'll go with some random ones:
  • 1) I am a sleepwalker, sleepeater, and so forth. But only in the first three hours of sleep.
  • 2) I don't believe in ghosts or any supernatural phenomena. That being said, I swear I heard something very strange in Book Soup in West Hollywood some fifteen years ago.
  • 3) A three-week bout of Chickenpox in college caused me to change my major from Classics to Slavic. I was never able to catch up in Latin 112 (or whatever the number was).
  • 4) I remember my childhood and graduate school much better than I remember university. I have no idea why.
  • 5) My favorite place in the world is the British Library in London (new one).
  • 6) The book I loved most in childhood was Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons. Again, this is a mystery to me; in 39 years I've spent a grand total of one night outdoors and I never plan to camp again.

Whom do I tag? Anyone who wants to reveal six strange things about themselves!