Monday, July 17, 2006

A (proposed) Solution to the Tuesday BlogReviews

Bloggers: Please Read!

I just want to preface this post by noting that I've always been an organizer. When I was a child, I never played with dolls. Rather, I categorized them by size, hair color, nation of origin, fashion, etc. I even filled out an index card for each of my dolls listing their name, best friend, preferred location in the house, etc. (Needless to say, I've had a lending library, complete with card catalogue since the age of 8.)
**********************************************************

My penchant for organization led me to the Tuesday BlogReview Roundups. But, when I began to categorize all the kidlitosphere reviewed in one week...oy veh! It's more than one person can handle on a Tuesday!

So, I've set up a site called Children's Book Reviews. It's a PBwiki site, which means it's easy to use and edit. (Some of us on Blogger use PBwiki to store our own reviews.) It has traffic statitics, comments...the whole deal. If we all link our reviews to this site, it will be easy for users to find book reviews on the web. And all the links head back to your original reviews on your own site.

Since this project involves some initial work, I'm happy to go through your blogs and post past reviews if you'll agree to post reviews going forward. Just leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll send password and formatting information.
*********************************************************
Please note that I see Children's Book Reviews as a site belonging to all of us. So, if we need a new category, a new way of categorizing, then we can always change it.