Thursday, September 28, 2006

Irritation

I've been wanting to post on the Atwood quote that's been popping up here and there in the news and on the blogs. Here's the quote:
  • "At a master-class at Glasgow University, the Booker winner, joked with an audience of creative writing students: 'If I were your parent, I would say: 'why are you doing it?' You should go get a proper [job]'." (via the Scotsman)

I don't know whether or not to be irritated by Atwood* or by journalists who leave the "joking" part out of the headline.

Was anyone else irritated, or am I just cranky?

-------------------------------------------

*I mostly like Atwood's work and her newest, Moral Disorder and Other Stories, is my next audible selection while I wait for the new Kate Atkinson and Richard Ford.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of irritating...has anyone else noticed Blogger is so s-l-o-w lately? Is Beta as slow? If not, then it may be time for me to switch over, even though I'm scared to do so.