Saturday, June 23, 2007

Weekend Reviews (I)

I hope you're all having wonderful Saturdays. I'm enjoying myself in Edinburgh at the moment and listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in anticipation of the big event coming up soon.

Here are the weekend reviews available so far online:

Annette Curtis Klause reviews Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr, in the Washington Post Book World.

The Boston Globe has "page-turner picks" for the youngsters--books selected by various book groups around the city. (In a related article, David Mehegan talks to Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp, authors of The Book Club Cookbook.)

In this weekend's "Not-a-Review" category, Meg Rosoff tells readers "it's good for children to face fear through books" in the Telegraph.

Ummm...I hope there's more coming tomorrow, 'cause this is slim pickings, folks!