Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend Reviews (I)

Here's wishing you a wonderful start to the weekend! Before I get started on the weekend reviews, I have two things to tell you:

  1. Obama stopped by my town coffee shop yesterday. Where was I? At home. With kids. Why didn't I take a walk and pick up a coffee? I usually do.
  2. Writer Nick Green, who is one of my best and most funny commenters here and the author of Cat Kin (out in the U.K. and hopefully to be so in the States), has started up a blog: The Green Knight's Castle. Stop by his place and say hello!

Okay, now on to the reviews. It's a slow morning so far, so hopefully the reviews will pick up as the weekend goes on:

Suzanne D'Amato reviews The Plain Janes for the Washington Post Book World.

The kids are back reviewing books at The Chicago Tribune. (PDF)

Amanda Craig reviews Trolls on Hols, by Alan MacDonald, and Bad Blood, by Rhiannon Lassiter, for the Times.

In today's not-a-review category, the Times is holding a big competition for aspiring children's writers.

More tomorrow...