Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Okay, okay (a meme)


I haven't done a meme in a long time, but I was just tagged by The Reading Zone for a meme I've not seen before. So, I thought I'd give it a shot.

What were you doing five years ago?

Same thing as now: teaching Russian and Russian lit at a small liberal arts college.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

Well, since it's evening, here's what I have done today:
  • Lunch with friends
  • Student thesis advising
  • Letter of Recommendation writing
  • Kid-schlepping (ice and music lessons day)
  • The Edge of the Forest-editing (almost there!)
What are five snacks you enjoy?
  • Sushi
  • Anything Indian (except sweets)
  • Hot salsa
  • Cadbury cream eggs
  • anything with wasabi
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
  • Move to London
  • Move anyone in my family who wants to move to London to London
  • Donate everything beyond what we need to live a middle class life to a particular charity
  • write and edit full time
  • Travel more (maybe I'll finally make it to Peru?)
What are five of your bad habits?
  • Procrastination on bureaucratic tasks. This bad habit eclipses all others I have. Really. If it involves a bill, a memo, a proposal, a form...I will take until the last possible second to get it done. Drat! Car registration...
What are five places where you have lived?
  • Born in Kansas City, lived there 1 year
  • 3 places in California (most of my life)
  • Broughty Ferry, Scotland
  • Moscow, Russia (I also lived in St. Petersburg for a short period, but like Moscow better.)
  • Iowa
What are five jobs you’ve had?
  • Teen Retail jobs (photo counter at Long's Drugs, UC Berkeley student union, Nordstrom)
  • Hair model (Okay, this was only once. I had cool short hair when I was in my early 20s.)
  • Advertising Coordinator, LAStyle (magazine, RIP)
  • various grad student "jobs" (Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant)
  • Russian prof
What five people do you want to tag?

Hmmm...I hate tagging. Okay, here goes: