Friday, July 01, 2005

Waiting for Harry


Michelle Slatalla describes ordering Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince online in a funny article for The New York Times. I hope for her sake that she's made the right decision! (She chose Amazon)

We're going to be in the south of France with no guaranteed access to the new Harry Potter. My 9-year old daughter is very worried and, frankly, so am I. We may have to (gasp!) wait until August to purchase it.

The message boards I frequent (not HP sites like Mugglenet or The Leaky Cauldron) are predicting Godric Gryffindor, Hagrid, or someone new as the half-blood prince. I was hoping it would be Snape, but apparently JKR has denied this somewhere.

I have to admit that this question doesn't trouble me too much. I'm more interested to find out if Harry is more comforatble in his own skin now that he is a bit older and has lived through much more, if Ron will wake up and realize he likes Hermione (and what will happen if he does), what will become of Dumbledore (and why is Dumbledore so interested in Harry), etc.

Also--a funny article from McSweeney's on the cover art for Book 6. I also noticed the radical color change to green!