Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random Bullets

Here are a few thoughts on a busy Tuesday.
  • Don't forget to contribute to the Second Carnival of Children's Literature! This month it will be hosted by Susan at Chicken Spaghetti and she asks for your submissions by Friday, March 3. Susan promises whirling teacups, so don't miss it.
  • I'm currently listening to Jonathan Stroud's The Golem's Eye. This evening, on a one hour drive home, I had the (mis)fortune to listen to the scene in which the Resistance ransacks Gladstone's tomb. Scary, scary stuff. I'm not sure a passage in a children's book has ever frightened me so much. Incredible pacing on the part of Stroud. I just hope I can sleep tonight.
  • Today is the last day of February. Tomorrow will already be March and, for that, I am extremely grateful. Onward, Spring!