Mondor explains at the outset that, "I wish I had a list of twenty books, or thirty or forty to tell the world about, but at this point, I’m just happy to be able to recommend four. Plus, as a bonus, I have an interview collection with some great fantasy authors that will be a treasure for anyone interested in the writing process."
- The Wall and the Wing, by Laura Ruby
- Passarola Rising, by Azhar Abidi
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, by Kate DiCamillo (I love Mondor's preconceptions about this work. I shared the same before beginning to read Tulane.)
- The Greenstone Grail and The Sword of Straw, by Amanda Hemingway
- The bonus book is The Wand in the World, edited by Leonard Marcus
Wonderful recommendations and reviews from a true fan (and author) of YA fantasy.