Friday, October 27, 2006

The Nearest Book


Here's fun meme that allows me to make an announcement at the same time: Monster Blood Tatto rocks.
I'll explain why the annoucement after the meme. Meme via Susan at Chicken Spaghetti.
  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
  5. Don't you dare dig around for that "cool" or "intellectual" book on your shelves. (I know you were thinking about it.) Just pick up whatever is closest.
Here's what I found:
It was enough water to quench any thirst and not so far down the road that Rossamünd would have perished before he found it. This really struck him: had he pushed on, he might have been all right on his own after all. He thought life's twistings very odd.
Europe chatted gaily at first.
---------------------------------------------
Okay, why the annoucement. I received Monster Blood Tattoo from an editor, who claimed it to be very special. So, I picked it up on his recommendation, despite its cover.

It's not that the cover is badly drawn. In fact the design is quite good. But who does it appeal to? Call me gender biased, but, to me at least, it screams 15-year-old boy.

In reality, Monster Blood Tattoo is a fabulous fantasy (ages 9 and up), one I'm enjoying greatly at the moment. I'll tell you more when I post a review, but it's really, really good.