Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blog Resolutions

I LOVED Liz B.'s post on New Year's blogging resolutions (inspired by Semicolon), so I thought I'd follow suit. My resolutions may be the same as others', but I still want to take part. Here are my blogging resolutions for 2007:
  1. Stop using JacketFlap to read blogs. I think JacketFlap is a great service for others, but not for me. I tend to miss posts and not read as thoroughly by reading blogs on this service. From now on, I plan on clicking from my own roll and then checking the Flap once a week or so for new blogs out there. This for me is the most important resolution.
  2. Participate in Semicolon's Saturday Reviews! I always forget, because it's a busy day for me with the kids.
  3. Like Liz, I need to track my review copies and be more vigilant about reading in order received. I'm working on a system now.
  4. Pay attention to Children's Book Reviews!! It's been more than a month since I've been adding links and I really want this to be a good resource for others.
  5. Get a new design. One with better linking and categorizing. I prefer Typepad's formats--will I have to move there? Do it, even if I'm afraid of losing readers.