Sunday, March 04, 2007

Readergirlz

I know that I'm absolutely the last person to post about the awesomeness that is Readergirlz. I have a really good reason, though. I'm writing a feature on the site, the authors and their mission for the March The Edge of Forest.

I will say now that what I most especially like about Readergirlz is the link the divas make between reading and community enhancement. By reading, girlz can make a difference not only in their own lives, but in their community. Likewise, the divas reach out to girlz who may not have the opportunity to meet an author and hear about the writing process. Very cool.

On a related note, I had to join MySpace to follow Readergirlz. Please help, you younger, hipper members of the kidslitosphere. I have no idea what to do! I already have one friend named Tom. Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he the generic friend? As you can see, any assistance is welcome.

Finally, a big tip o' the hat to Little Willow of Bildungsroman. She designed the Readergirlz site! She's a real Renaissance woman.
============================
Update! I figured out that Tom is the MySpace guy. Man, I have a lot to learn.