Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just Sayin'




In front of my son's school at dropoff this morning.

At the risk of turning Big A little a into a weather complaint blog..... (Is anybody listening?)

In other topics:

I love the new look of Jacketflap. I think it's clean, beautiful, and easy to read.

Don't miss the Cybils interview with Sylvia Long! Sylvia Long illustrates the beautiful A Seed is Sleepy and An Egg is Quiet.

Also don't miss Scholar's Blog's A Hat Full of Sky discussion group over at Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone. I'm headed over as soon as this month's forest is up.

Jules reviews an awesome new picture book over at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast. When I received this one in the mail yesterday, its cover called to me. I read it right away and it is droll.

Need a new chair? A Fuse #8 has the one for you!

Monica talks The Wind and the Willows over at educating alice. She asks if anyone reads it today. Good question. I have to say it works well in audio format. It was my son's favorite audio book, one he listened to multiple times. The Sea of Monsters has finally replaced it.

lectitans (who has a great new template--very readable) poses a question for kidlit bloggers: what does it mean to have a thorough knowledge of children's literature? Liz B. has a great answer up at A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy.

Okay, now I'm just procrastinating. I must finish editing the Forest so it can up this evening. This issue is interview strong--we have Grace Lin, Lauren Myracle, and Carrie Jones!