Jerry V. Haines recommends travel books for the youngsters in the Washington Post. There are lots of good titles recommended, including My Father's Shop and Adele and Simon.
Holidays are on everybody's mind this week. Kathryn Ross recommends some summer reading for the Scotsman.
Two not-to-miss summer book sections from Nicolette Jones and Amanda Craig in the Times. They're absolutely gorgeous lists of summer reads for children of all ages.
Elizabeth Ward reviews books with "summer sizzle" for the Washington Post. Books considered include:
- Heat Wave, by Eileen Spinelli
- Max's Magic Seeds, by Geraldine Elschner, translated from the German by Charise Myngheer Minedition
- In Aunt Giraffe's Green Garden, by Jack Prelutsky
- Bird Springs, by Carolyn Marsden
- The Rising Star of Rusty Nail, by Lesley M.M. Blume
- "I'm Not Scared!", by Jonathan Allen
- Thank You Bear, by Greg Foley
- I'd Really Like to Eat a Child, by Sylviane Donnio, illustrated by Dorothee de Monfreid
- Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love "Stuart Little", by Peggy Gifford
- Heat Wave, by Eileen Spinelli, illustrated by Betsy Lewin
Kristen Danis recommends new books for The New York Daily News, including Heat Wave, which seems to be the book of the week.
Some excellent reviews this week! More tomorrow...