- Gregory Cowles considers Mo Willems new early-reader books.
- Jerry Griswold reviews Roddy Doyle's Wilderness.
- Sara London takes a look at new school picture books, including Kindness is Cooler, Mrs. Ruler.
- Geraldine Brooks reviews Randa Abdel-Fattah's Does My Head Look Big in This?
- This week's Bookshelf considers a few picture books and one YA novel, Guyaholic, by Carolyn Mackler
In this week's not-a-review category, U.K. Children's Laureate Michael Rosen talks testing and what is has done for children and reading (most notably: turning them off reading) with Alice Miles and Helen Rumbelow in the Times. Any chance we can convince Rosen to come over here and just repeat himself?
Amanda Craig reviews new editions of Pippi Longstocking and A Secret Garden for the Times. (Pippi has new illustrations from Lauren Child!)
From earlier this week, but still noteworthy: Bob Minzesheimer reviews new Middle School fiction for USAToday.
- The Aurora County All-Stars, by Deborah Wiles
- The Wall: Growing Up Behind the Iron Curtain, by Peter Sis
- Tuttle's Red Barn: The Story of America's Oldest Family Farm, by Richard Michelson, illustrated by Mary Azarian
- Edward's Eyes, by Patricia MacLachlan
- The Toy Farmer, by Andrew Pelletier, pictures by Scott Nash
- Bear Feels Sick, by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Jane Chapman