- Taking its cue from The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times has the kids reviewing books this week.
- Marci Stillerman has a piece on Edward Lear for the Los Angeles Times.
- The Washington Post Kids Post Book of the Week is a two-fer: Good Luck, Ivy, by Lisa Yee, and Meet Julie, by Megan McDonald
- Janet Christie reviews Meg Rosoff's What I Was for the Scotsman.
- Outcast, by Michelle Paver, is the Times' Children's Book of the Week.
- Katie Haegele reviews Walter Dean Myers' Love on 145th Street for the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Lucy Davies reviews historical fiction for teens in the Telegraph.