Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Blog Breakdown

Suffering a blogging breakdown is never easy. But it does force you to focus on your priorities. I've spent the past two weeks thinking about what my priorities are in terms of blogging and writing. And here's what I've come up with:

I will continue with The Edge of the Forest. I think it fills an important niche and I love working with other writers and reviewers in the kidlitosphere.

Big A little a:

  • When I began blogging, talking about books and writing was most important to me. This is what I will return to. I want to develop my skills as a reviewer--I'll even review an adult title from time to time.
  • I want to talk about writing and the submissions process more. (NaNoWriMo, anyone?)
  • This blog will be tied to The Edge of the Forest so I can make Forest-related announcements here: calls for submissions and reviewers, new issues, etc.
  • And, I could not exist without Poetry Friday.

What I won't be doing at Big A little a any more: interviews, any event with a deadline and/or specific post date, everyday etiquette, memes and quizzes. I'm looking for simplicity here (hence the most basic blogger template available).

I know this post is dull and self-indulgent, so thanks for bearing with me.